Thursday, February 21, 2013

To Paleo or Not to Paleo?


We eat pretty healthy at our house. 
No processed foods, nothing artificial, no corn syrup, low sodium.
I make almost everything from scratch.
**It drives Andrew nuts at times cause it calls for a lot of dishes**

So lately we've been thinking of making the paleo switch.

Cutting out the carbs is fine, I am okay with that.

I can even semi deal with the dairy
I don't like milk so really I'm just cutting out cheese and yogurt.

The one thing I will have a hard time with is the beans.
No black beans with my Mexican, no kidney beans with my chili, no chickpeas in my salads?

So here is where I am coming to you blogger friends, have you switched to the paleo lifestyle?
Do you love it or hate it?




4 comments:

  1. My husband is big into CrossFit and many of the athletes follow the Paleo lifestyle. We don't follow it 100% but do pretty closely. Almost no carbs, drink coconut milk, and limit the sugars. I think you just have to figure out what works best for you and go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing paleo attempts for almost a year now, and finally have gone 100% paleo in the last week and a half. You sometimes need to be mentally ready for it and it may take a while before you are. Start with cutting the beans out, or start with the dairy. For me the hardest part was the sugar and still is.

    Some great websites for recipes and inspiration are paleomg.com, health-bent.com and delightedmomma.com (only some of her recipes are paleo so keep an eye out).

    You'll feel better when you do the switch, promise! I still allow myself full fat organic yogurt once a day. I just can't get rid of it!

    Good luck!

    xo Jessica
    www.mystylevita.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxious to see other responses as we're considering trying this in our household as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a lot of the concept in the Paleo lifestyle, but it's such a big switch to make, from what I've heard! I actually don't eat any red meat, so I could never do Paleo {beans are my only lifeline and I love them!}, but I know many people who have had a great experience making the switch. Can't wait to hear what y'all decide :)

    ReplyDelete