Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tales of the Worst First Date

With Valentines Day being tomorrow, I figured I would do something a little different from the typical we were meant to be and it was love at first sight post.

Andrew and I had our first date when I was a Junior in high school. Yes I was 17 and Andrew was 20 and no at that point in my life I didn't realize this was the person I was going to marry.

And if our first date was any sign of what was to be in our relationship, it wasn't a good sign. Yes my worst date ever was with Andrew.

No it wasn't his fault, it wasn't my fault, it was an unfortunate series of events.

So lets start here. I was so excited this college boy is taking me out. Yes that was the high school girl in me. Andrew picked me up and we went to a very nice dinner at Firebirds. 

*Disclaimer, we had hung out before at the gym and cookout but this was our first official date**

We got to dinner and it was going great until we got the waitress from hell. Her name was Cassandra ( yes I still remember because we still joke about this date) and she talked our ears off. Constantly tell us her life story and interrupting every time we got into a conversation.

After dinner we didn't have plans but Andrew randomly asks if we could continue our date and go to the movies. I was ecstatic so we walked to the movie theatre and bought two tickets to the next movie.

Here is where the epic fail came from the person at the ticket counter. She failed to mention that this movie was for the hearing impaired. In case you don't know that means there is no sound. So yes we sat in a movie that was completely silent with just subtitles. 
Luckily there was no one else in the theatre so Andrew acted out all the words and eased the tension.

After that we ended with Coldstone and then he took me home. I have to say it was one of the worst dates but fortunately we went on a second and a third and now well spend the rest of our lives dating!

How about you? What was your worst date ever?


4 comments:

  1. LOL atleast you can laugh about it, I had one of my worst dates this summer, the guy just couldnt take a hint that I wasnt interested, and he was just so awkward - http://adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com/2012/07/date-from-hell.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny!! what a funny memory now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this disaster date had me laughing! But those are the ones that make for great memories! (:

    semoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete