Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday.. Link up:)


So being the foodie that I am, Tamara and I decided to start a link up for all the other foodies or want to be foodies out there to get some new recipe ideas!!!

Helping us spread the word are a few of our favorite bloggers!
Check out their blog for some new recipes and next week you can participate in the first link up!

One of my personal favorites is Shrimp and Grits. If you've never had it before its a Southerner's dreams.

Ingredients
(serves 2)

8ounces shrimp
6 pieces of bacon
1 small tomato
4 green onions
grits
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon thyme
 Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook your Grits.
 I didn't use instant grits so they take about 20 minutes which allows you to prepare the rest of the meal. Generally for two people you would use 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of grits but follow whatever your package says.
Cook your bacon and then dice it along with your tomato and green onion.
Drain any bacon fat and in the same pan cook the shrimp with a little salt and pepper.
When the shrimp are about 3/4 of the way done add the chicken stock, tomato, green onion, bacon and thyme.
Cook until Shrimp is done.
In a bowl place half your grits a handful of cheese and half of your shrimp mixtures and enjoy!

I hope you enjoy it. 
The best shrimp and grits I have ever had was at Poogan's Porch in Charleston,SC.
 I can't say these are as good but they are a wonderful substitution for when I can't go there.






3 comments:

  1. I've never had shrimp and grits or really just grits for that matter. But this looks delicious that I may just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like grits (I know, what kind if southern girl am I!), but this looks deeeelicious!! Although I haven't had grits since I was little, this might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete