Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The pyrex that was....

You would think after one disaster I would learn my lesson in the kitchen but no...
This time my bake ware failed me
Andrew wanted me to "spice up the chicken" and not just bake it so I whipped up this lovely recipe for garlic Parmesan chicken.. It smelled delicious! Too bad this disaster happened

I took the chicken out of the oven and placed it on the stove so I could finish the mashed potatoes. Apparently I forgot to turn the burner off so I finish the potatoes, plate our dinner of garlic Parmesan chicken, mashed potatoes and roasted okra and Kaboom!

This Pyrex breaks into 100 pieces and all into the plates I am carrying for dinner. Frantically I scream cause I got scared and then we sent the dogs in our room and shut the door. The glass was so hot as we tried to clean it up it kept shattering. 
So we left it to cool and went out to get Mexican and margs cause we sure needed a beverage after that fiasco!

Moral of the story. Don't put your Pyrex on a hot burner!


  1. Oh that is so scary! Thanks for the tip, because that definitely sounds like something I would do!

  2. Oh my goodness!!! This has happened to me before!