So another week another soup.
This week it was corn chowder and the amazing thing is there is no cream or half and half so its much better calorie wise :)
1 medium uncooked potato
1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups corn ( I used frozen)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 ounces cooked bacon
- 2 cups fat-free skim milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Pierce potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
- Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add celery, onion, corn and red pepper; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine.
In another bowl combine water and cornstarch. Once mixed add to the chowder to thicken.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil). Serves 4 :)
If you try this soup let me know. It was a hit at our house :)