Monday, November 19, 2012

Italian Wedding Soup


I stumbled upon this recipe on pinterest and I knew I had to try it out.
I love wedding soup and Andrew hates spinach so I knew this would be the perfect dish to make him change his mind!


* 16 Italian Style Meatballs* 1 small onion, diced* 3 carrots, thinly sliced* 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced* 3 cloves garlic, minced* 1 pinch crushed red or green pepper* 5 cups chicken stock* 1 cup orzo* 10 oz baby spinach
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 Tbs. oil in a small skillet and brown the chicken sausages on all sides, until heated through, 5 minutes total. Remove from heat.
In a deep pot, heat the remaining 2 Tbs. oil over medium-high. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Add the crushed pepper along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until the veggies start to soften, 6 minutes.
Add the  stock. Bring to a light boil.
Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 6 minutes.
Add the chicken sausages and spinach. Simmer for about 5 more minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this soup! Did Andrew change his mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so behind on your amazing soup recipes. Maybe you could just come over and cook one for me?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy-obsessed with Italian wedding soup. This recipe will be the perfect post-Thanksgiving-food-coma meal! :)

    ReplyDelete