Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hunger Games: Book/Movie

So I said a few weeks ago that I was giving in and reading the Hunger Games

Well I read the first book in two days over our Spring Break and with school and work the second book has taken a little longer to get through but I am about halfway through.

So what did you think about about the movie compared to the book
Here were some of my thoughts

What do you think about how the movie portrayed Cinna
Was this what you expected?
I have nothing against Lenny Kravitz but I expected a super metro/gay white guy and Lenny just seemed too normal. But overall I think the bond he had with Katniss was good

Next lets talk about the Mockingjay Pin
While they still included it in the book, they left out two important characters!
Where were Madge and her Governor Dad?
I feel that connection between her and Madge is important and I am interested to see how they make up and connect what happens in the second book

Finally are you team Gale or Peeta?

I haven't figure it out what happens between this love triangle because I am only halfway through the second book but I am excited to see how it ends.

Also they are shooting the second movie in NC and some of it will be in Raleigh so I am very excited :)
What is your thought on the movie?



2 comments:

  1. I've always been a book before movie kind of gal because the books are typically better than the movie. That was the case with this one as well. I didn't think the movie was bad, per se, but it wasn't quite what I had imagined when I read the books. I'm excited to re-read the books then see the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They shot some of the movie in my county! Ever since then, everyone has been going over to see. We haven't gone yet, but I would like too! I used to ride through the area with my Granny a lot, when I was younger, so it's extra special to me! I am like you, wish they would've/could've shown more of Madge's story line in the movie!

    ReplyDelete