Friday, April 5, 2013

James

We started a new Bible reading plan at church and the first book of the Bible we read was James
I have never read James before and if you haven't either I would recommend it whole heartily.
It is a short book, only 5 chapters but I have never had a book speak to me so beautifully before.

The book of James is all about how to live your life. 
It is unlike other books of the Bible where you have to interpret.
This book is so straight forward and that is good for me cause my mind is math based. I have a hard time reading and analyzing text.

I think the most beautiful Bible verse I have ever read was found in this book.

So whenever you speak. or whatever you do, remember you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free.
James 2: 12

This verse spoke to me. In reading chapter 2 it talked about how many Christians believe that they are better than others because their sin is not as bad. 
I admit I can think of a time where I used to ease my heavy heart by thinking I wasn't that bad because there were people who were so much worse.
Here in James it talks about that Sin is Sin and as sinners we are seen equally sinful in the eyes of the Lord.

So we should over come that type of judgement by living through the law of love. The love that Jesus showed for us is how we will be judged. 
Keeping that law of love shows our faith is real.
To strive everyday to love all people as Christ loves us.

So through this I am praying. 
Praying to live my life more like the teachings in the book of James.
Praying through my trials and temptations that lead to sin for a life that glorifies my Lord and the path he has planned for me and not the path I have planned for myself.

Have you ever read James? 
What was your favorite Part?

My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in the eyes of God.
James 1: 19-20

1 comment:

  1. James is one of my favorite books! I think I could highlight the entire book because it's all so great.

    ReplyDelete