Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Since the Easter bunney was visiting on Sunday I knew I needed to make a bunny approved dessert. 
So I browsed a few gluten free carrot cake recipies and since we were having company I chose the option that made cupcakes!

Everyone loved them and were amazed when I told them they were gluten free!


Ingredients:
1.5 cups of almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
3 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup honey
1.5 cups of grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 325.
In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In a smaller bowl combine eggs, oil, honey, carrots and pecans.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until all moist.
Link 12 cupcake pan with liners and bake for 15-18 minutes
Batch will make 12 cupcakes.
Top with homemade cream cheese frosting :)

3 comments:

  1. These look so delicious!
    My mom loves carrot cake, so I'm definitely going to save this recipe for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum. I would definitely not feel as guilty eating these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your blog! It is BEAUTIFUL! :D

    So excited to be your newest follower on Bloglovin and GFC. I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo

    PS would you be interested in doing a button swap? Your buttons are lovely! Simply email me or leave a comment if you are interested and we can set it up! :)

    ReplyDelete