Sunday, April 14, 2013

At least I will die FREEE :)

If you didn't read my post an start singing 

So rock me mama like a wagon wheel
Rock me mama anyway you feel

Hey mama rock me
Rock me mama like the wind and the rain
Rock me mama like a south-bound train
Hey mama rock me

You must live under a rock.
Or clearly not in the south.
Either way I am introducing you to your new favorite song

I am writing this because the new version by Darius Rucker is on the radio all the time
and while I love the song it pains me to not here the version by Old Crow Medicine Show
The real version
The one my sorority sisters made up a dance to in college
The one I love

I feel like one of these monkeys when the song comes on the radio.

So here it is the best version.
The only version in my book






So do you love Wagon Wheel?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that song. I go to school in Boone so there's no way I couldn't love it. Anytime it comes on in a bar, every single person is screaming the lyrics! And as much as I love Darius, it doesn't top the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post - because YES I feel that way every time I hear it on the radio now. Don't get me wrong, I love Darius Rucker and I love that my brother is now spending his freshman year of college partying to the same song I did my freshman year of college, but still Old Crow Medicine Show is the ONLY Wagon Wheel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darius Rucker's version has nothing on the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Darius Rucker version is good but I completely agree!! I have adored this song since I first heard it freshman year of college. It will forever be by Old Crow Medicine Show in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I am not the only! I absolutely LOVE that song, but when his version comes on the radio I turn the station! Ha! Can't help it! Not that it's that bad, but I would rather hear the original1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Darius, but I think Wagon Wheel should have been left alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song and had never heard it until I moved to NC! It gets stuck in my head a lot lately because of Darius. :)

    ReplyDelete