Thursday, March 5, 2015

Windy in Wilmington

Yes, yes I know Valentines Day was last month but it technically hasn't been a month  :)

Andrew and I have had a pretty crazy month with his grandfather passing away so it was nice to have a weekend away before we had to deal with it all.

We have both lived in North Carolina for a long time (Andrew forever, me for 14 years) and neither of us have ever been to Wilmington to visit. So we decided to pack up Valentines Weekend and spend a weekend at the Hilton Riverside and just relax. 

We honestly made no plans or reservations and that is really not like me but it was so nice to just decompress.

We definitely enjoyed the room service and that conveniently there was a Ruth Chris in our hotel. We ended every night there with a few drinks.


Our trip was supposed to be our gift to each other but Andrew got me a birthstone bead for my Pandora!



Surprising for February it was really nice on Saturday while we were there. I had been wanting a lighter army canvas jacket and scored this one at Banana Republic for 40% off! I love it so much I went back and bought the vest last weekend!



Andrew and I love history and being touristy! We took a trolley ride around downtown to learn a little more of the history of Wilmington.


Ending our last night! We had a great weekend and can't wait to return to Wilmington when its warmer!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Andrew's grandfather passing away.

    I really love Wilmington! I haven't been in forever...would love to take a trip there as well. Glad you guys had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little weekend getaways! It's such a nice way to just spend some quality time together! Looks like Wilmington was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that room service brunch sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete