Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tomato Spinach and Tortellini Soup

So if you haven't learned by now that we love soup at this house hold well your a little behind.

My latest recipe was a Tomato Spinach and Tortellini Soup
Aka Divine!

So here is what you need
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/4 onion
5 ounces fresh spinach ( or frozen if you like)
2 cups of frozen tortellini
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
(Serves 4)
Saute onions and garlic for about 5 minutes

Then add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and 1 can of water. Add spices. Simmer for about 10 minutes

Next add your spinach and tortellini. Simmer for about 10 more minutes till everything is cooked.
Enjoy with a grilled cheese :)

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on instagram and secretly wished you were going to post the recipe!!

    YUMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this - it looks DELICIOUS! I've been cooking once a week for the family I'm staying with and I think I want to make this this week!

    ReplyDelete